The Sandwich Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. All positions are governed by Park District Operating and Employment Policies and Procedures. All potential employees must successfully complete the required background checks as a condition of employment .
ICE SKATING INSTRUCTOR:
Currently, the Sandwich Park District is looking for an Ice Skating Instructor to teach during the cold winter months on our outdoor Ice Rink at Knights Park. The instructor will be able to teach group and private lessons for figure and hockey skating, ages 5 and up. Please contact the office at 815-786-8044 and ask to speak to Garland King, Sports Coordinator.
DIRECTOR OF PARKS AND RECREATION:
Contact Name: Steve Wolf, Personnel Committee Chairman
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Salary: $55,000 – $80,000
The Sandwich Park District was established in 1966 and serves approximately 8,000 district residents. The total service area reaches about 13,000 community residents. The park district manages a total budget of approximately $1,000,000 and may have an annual debt service of $115,000. The district manages 10 parks and offers a wide extensive program curriculum throughout the year.
The Director of Parks and Recreation is responsible for the operations of the Sandwich Park District. The Director will maintain complete charge of the operation, maintenance, and construction of all District facilities, property and recreation programs. He/she will be responsible for maintaining complete charge of all Sandwich Park District personnel required for operating the Park District; subject to the employment and salary provisions established by the Board of Commissioners.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organize and supervise an efficient, professional organization for the Sandwich Park District. Supervise the daily operation of the Park District in accordance with established policies of the Board of Commissioners.
- Determine the procedures for operation to provide maximum service at reasonable costs.
- Advise the Board of Commissioners on all Park District operational and administrative matters. Assist the Board of Commissioners in its role as the policy-making body of the District and implement all Park District policies.
- Recommend, develop and supervise recreational activities and services to meet the leisure needs of the community. Recruit, select, train, supervise and evaluate District Recreation and Maintenance personnel. Maintain a sound personnel management program and evaluate the effectiveness of Park District services.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of the annual budget, tax levy and audit adopted by the Board of Commissioners.
- Maintain a continuing cooperative relationship with other Board-appointed officers, advisory groups and other community agencies.
- Adhere to and actively enforce safety procedures of the Park District and its overall risk management system. Administer the development and implementation of the Park District’s Strategic, Master, and Risk Management plans and work with the Board to formulate short and long-range planning for the Park District.
- Oversee the Personnel Policy, including job descriptions, and properly maintain plan and personnel records which will be in the best interest of the employee.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Commissioners.
- Attend all meetings of the Board and its Committees, unless excused.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Park and Recreation Administration or related field required. Master’s Degree in Park and Recreation Administration is preferred.
- Five years administrative experience in parks and recreation or a related field is required.
- Certified Park and Recreation Professional Certification (CPRP) preferred or will acquire within a one-year period after hire.
- Ability to communicate verbal and written English language and produce accurate work on a timely basis. Strong oral, written and mathematical communication skills are required and knowledge using fund accounting software preferred.
- Proficient in utilizing social media such as Facebook, WordPress entry and website management.
- Demonstrate good computer skills, proficient with Word, Publisher, Excel, calendars and Photo Editing. Experience with RecTrac registration system and reporting preferred.
- CPR/AED Certification is required within a 6-month period after hire. Membership in professional agencies such as IPRA, NRPA is required.
- The Board of Commissioners encourage the prominence of having the Director live in Sandwich.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and must pass a standard background check.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
JOB STATUS:Full-time exempt, reporting to the Board of Commissioners.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should submit the following:
1) cover letter including reasons you desire to be a candidate.
2) current resume, which should include but not limited to: education, employment history with duties, number of employees supervised, and budget amount managed.
3) list of accomplishments/completed projects.
4) at least 3 current letters of recommendation. These letters should include a balance of community representatives, employers and board members.
5) also 3 professional references with complete names, addresses and phone numbers and position titles. These references need to be different than those submitting letters.
Please submit to Steve Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail packet marked Personal and Confidential to Sandwich Park District, Attention: Stephen Wolf, 1001 N. Latham Street, Sandwich, IL 60548. Position will remain open until filled. No phone calls to the Park District please.
The Sandwich Park District is an equal opportunity employer.
Sandwich Park District
1001 Latham Street , Sandwich, IL 60548
815.786.8044 office 815.786.6690 Fax
Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved.