Freedom Day Celebration
Labor Day Weekend
Freedom Day Events:
Parade: September 5th – Start 10:00 am Sharp!
Registration Ends August 21, 2020
- Line up starts at 8:30 am.
- All parade entries must pay $10.00 fee to enter the parade.
The Judging Categories:
- Best Non-Profit / Civic Entry
- Best For-Profit Business Entry
The Park District/Judges will also select; Overall Best, 2nd, 3rd place and Funniest Entry
- All floats and all motor vehicles are responsible for having liability insurance and must provide documentation proof on the day of the parade.
- Due to Covid nothing is to be handed out ie: no wrapped candy and/or promotional items may be handed out.
- A face covering should worn if you are unable to social distance.
- No super soakers, water balloons, water guns are allowed.
- Do not stop your unit at anytime during the parade, unless it is an issue of safety.
Fireworks Display September 6th- Starts at DARK!
- Fireworks will be held on September 6th at dusk.The fireworks will be set off in the Sandwich Fair Grounds. This display will be available to be seen throughout the city of Sandwich. There will not be any public seating at the Fairgrounds this year.
- Normally we take donations at the gate of the Sandwich Fair Grounds to help offset the cost of the fireworks so we can continue to put on this great show. With this year being different in the fact that we cannot use the Fairgrounds, we ask that anyone who is willing to make donations to help us produce this show contact the park district.
We will also have areas you can donate around town.
There is also a button below where you can follow to donate! We thank you in ADVANCE!!
If you or your business are interested in sponsorship opportunities please reach out to us at (815)786-8044 or email@example.com
Freedom Day Run Information –
UPDATE: THE FREEDOM DAY RACE HAS CHANGED TO VIRTUAL.
SIGN UP NOW!!
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE VIRTUAL RACE FOLLOW THIS LINK:
All Freedom Days Events – NOW Labor Day Weekend!
Sandwich Park District
1001 Latham Street , Sandwich, IL 60548
815.786.8044 office 815.786.6690 Fax
Copyright © 2020. All Rights Reserved.